Thursday, November 23, 2006

Memories of my dad

It was another great thanksgiving meal at my mother's house. This was the fourth Thanksgiving that we have shared since my dad passes away in May of 2003. We all miss him.
I thought I might do a little tribute to him since he is on my mind today. He was born and raised in Southern Lancaster county on a Farm. He met and married my mother- a Holtwood girl. My dad was a hard working man. He worked at the power plant and farmed a 23 acre farm. I think he enjoyed staying busy. He was very good at managing money. It was a blessing that he was able to retire early from PP&L. It allowed time for him to enjoy life and his family. My dad was proud to be a member of the Masonic Lodge. He enjoyed working with the Amish community. And he loved riding his Tennessee Walker Horses.
Some of my special memories of him are taking walks in the woods and digging up old bottles, Riding bikes on the boardwalk at the shore every summer, driving tractor for him and helping on
the farm, him teaching me to drive, the wise advice he always had, and when he would stop in to chat with Dennis and I after we were married with his cup of coffee from Turkey Hill on Sunday mornings.

In Loving Memory of my dad
Clair A. Carter
And that is what inspires me to smile!

No comments: