Friday, August 3, 2007

Celebrating Dennis' 42nd Birthday



Yesterday we celebrated Dennis' birthday at Ruby Tuesdays! Our favorite restaurant. It is so nice to grow old with someone you love so very much. I think one of the hardest things for me on the Mission trip was sleeping in separate dorms from Dennis. I wasn't even thinking ahead of time that it would bother me, but it did. There was so much excitement all day long and I really missed having someone to talk to about it at the end of the day. We did meet in the morning and go across the street for breakfast at the bakery/deli. There we were able to talk and discuss the things of the day before. I diffinitely would say my love for Dennis has grown through the entire mission trip process. My love for God increased on the trip too, because of the opposite situation. God was with me through the entire trip and I can remember asking for help, laughing and thanking him for the children he brought to the VBS, and Asking for help when things seemed out of our hands. It is wonderful to have a God who cares and is there to care about even the little things in life.

And that is why I am inspired to smile!

No comments: