Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nothing worse then not feeling well on your birthday



Today was my adorable niece's first birthday. The family all gathered at my sister Jen and her husband's home for a first birthday party. The invitation stated to wear Green or pink and I was happy to see that all that attended complied to this request. We are gathered waited for Caroline to come and enjoy her first birthday party.

The sad thing was she was running a fever and didn't seem to be in the partying mood. Poor little girl sat with her mommy and tried to take in all that was happening. She made it through the present opening, and it was time for the Birthday cake. Her eyes were heavy and I thought she might fall asleep waiting for the little pink cake with the cute frog (her favorites) decoration to be sat before her. She was a real trooper and tried to enjoy a finger or two dipped into the icing. We all sang to her and she was then taken up for a much needed nap. I hope she is feeling better soon!
After the party we went up to Shillington to do some Christmas shopping. And that will inspire me to smile any time!