Sunday, December 3, 2006

Enjoying the Christmas Season

Why do weekends go so fast? It is hard to believe that the sun will be setting soon and tomorrow is back to work. Not that I don't like my job, I do.. most all of the time. More about that another time.
This Christmas season our pastor has been teaching on a different Character from the recorded Christmas story in the Bible. Today was on Mary the mother of Jesus. My mind tries to imagine what it was like for Mary to hear the news from an angel that she was going to give birth the the son of God. What it must have been like to raise him, and hear him say his prayers. I love the Christmas season. I love reading the scriptures that tell of Christ birth. What an awesome time of year to smile and share God's love with others.
Den is in the Christmas choir. They have been practicing for weeks now for the Christmas program on Dec. 17th. I love singing, but don't feel like I have the voice to sing in a choir. Some of us are more suited to sit and enjoy what the others have to share.

Here is a picture of our church. Colerain Baptist Church 1923 Noble Road Kirkwood, PA 17536 If you are ever passing through stop in some Sunday Morning.



And that is what inspires me to smile!