Monday, January 1, 2007

Family Tradition



There is a family tradition that I look forward to every New Years day. It is a time of laughter and family fun that has been part of our celebration since I was a child. Of course the day starts off with a good pork and sauerkraut dinner, but that isn't what I look forward to. And there is the fact that the family is all gathered in the same home, but that isn't what I look forward to either. It is BINGO. We all gather around the table and play bingo for prizes. Every one in the family brings some prizes and they are all spread out across the table. There were more then 50 prizes today. That is a lot of bingo, so we start playing multiple winners per card to keep in moving. Prizes ranged from $5 gift cards, packages of pens, packs of gum rubber banded together, candles, jewelry, and a tide to go pen! It was loads of fun. There were 13 of us playing. Uncle John does a good job every year as the official Bingo caller. (Caroline Bingo player in training)
After that fun was over we tried a new game that my mom had picked up over Christmas. It is called IMAGINEIFF. It is the greatest game I have ever played. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. If you see this game you have to buy it. I promise you will love it.

And that is what inspires me to smile!

No comments: